Saturday, June 27, 2009

HELLO FROM WANGARATTA

Yes, i'm finally here! i still remembered the night when i found out i was allocated here and how my beloved housemate and sister were having a crack at it! I also remembered how God spoke to me to come and stuff. And well well well, can you believe it? i'm one week down and two more to go and soon enough, it'll be over!

So far, i'm digging it!

The place that i'm staying does feel heaps like boardo. communal kitchen and toilet, laundry and stuff like tat. 4 walls, wardrobe, table and chair. ahhh. good ol' time. and i figure some things are still the same in me, i havent grown much! it still kinda felt exactly the same as i felt the first time i left home. when i'm in my own room, i still feel rather miserable, the feeling of being alone and no close friends near u, aint good. aint good at all. companionship meant so much hey?
but i guess the one MAJOR difference was that i have God by my side. He is so good, never forsaken me. It felt so different when you start you day with him. He prepares my day and set it right.

In the hospital, i've been learning heaps. went in the wards for four days and i've been doing quite a fair bit. it started with a lil contending, like trying to balance out the technical stuff and wanting to see all the "cool" things, but then.. a day later, i realised wat's important aint the doing things on people part. it's the part where you get to talk to them and put a smile on them, making their pain more tolerable, or reduce it to 0! it's an amazing feeling when you get to know them, talk to them and just listen to them and sharing the honour of being part of their lives. It truly is a an honour.

Just like how people came into my life. I cant forget how awesome my first 2 nurses who looked after me last year! jo and carlie. i really missed them and kinda regretted that i did not get their contacts. but anwayy.. highlights from wangaratta so far.

went to cheese tasting
the last stand of ned kelly
taco night
finished a 1000 pieces puzzle
homesick
gave an injection
learning to depend more on God

i shall talk more next time.

ps. just watched raising helen on tv. i cried.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r really blessed to have so many colleagues assisting you.

Anyway it's interesting to see hospital cool stuff, i wonder do u have chance to view a real MRI? perhaps u are busy doing IV and auscultation.

I never know u involve in health care until now. Well,Jesus will be proud of your patient-centered service.

Jesus is always our best friend, you are not only different but precious to Him.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" psalms 119:105

that's how he set your path and how you will have faith to depends on God. Hope it helps. God bless you in Wangaratta.

ps. izzit raising helen is referring the girl who lost her vision, vocal and hearing? this movie is very touching.

Mun Yee said...

oh my goodness! you have to tell me who u are anonymous!!! i'm soooo curious!!!! u sound like a medical person, seeing how u know stuff about MRI and IV and auscultation. mann.. i'm so curious now u've got no idea.

and, raising helen isnt the show that u're referring to, but i know which one u're talking about! this one is by kate hudson, it's sorta like a chick flick kinda show. but i still loved it :)

thank you once again for the encouragement :)

Anonymous said...

lol, i've really no idea how u curious about who am I, but u've got no idea how much i was attracted and impressed to your faith towards Jesus and your wonderful testimony.

I should thank you.U have showed me how a health care student can have such faith to live in Christ. For so many years I became a Christian I was still unable to maintain such faith. I should learn from you.

Yes, I'm a physio student. To be honest I've lost track and contact with you for years. I doubt that u r still able to recognize me.

Just wonder are you studying nursing?

I love to read your post, my encouragement is just my ebullient and insignificant reply.

God bless you again.