Saturday, March 05, 2011

What do you see in the mirror?

Coming back to melbourne wasnt as easy as I thought. Yes, I was looking forward to coming back to my comfort zone and my home but i didnt know resettling in was a bit of some hiccup. the new house was packed with boxes, i have 4 days of waking up at 6 to go for my 9am classes, being in a new suburb means friends arent as close as they used to be, housemates are all now my sisters, etc. indeed, some adjustments were required. And to be honest, spiritually, i needed to pick myself up again. I wasnt at the place where I know i needed to be but i reckon, the best bday gift is to know, and to be surrounded by people who can help you back in this race.

I have forgotten how much I am loved.

Today, i stood in front of the mirror, drying my hair and this question came upon me - what do you see in the mirror?

I used to not care so much about the physical appearance, or how i present myself. I am a strong believer of this saying - beauty lies within. Yet, seeing the people around me are gradually metamorphosing into someone super hot that even I cant help to not take my eyes off, the way i see myself was affected. I started to see the flaws and what i did not have. I tried to see what others see in me and find it hard to believe that there is actually beauty in me. It was easy to feed on your self pity and insecurity when you're not holding on to the picture that God draws of you.

Ai ling sent me these 2 videos from Veggietales. Super cute but super appropriate for all ages!





so, what do you see in the mirror?

may you hold close to the picture of what God draw of you, rather than carrying painting that were meant to be in your bag pack.

tell yourself, "you are fearfully and wonderfully made" and never let anyone tell you otherwise.

so, as I stepped back and looked at the mirror again, I see a mighty woman of God, a future of divine possibilities, and rivers of living water. Above all, I see the hand that is on my shoulder, cheering me on and patting me with love.

No comments: