Friday, October 29, 2010

YOU make me smile!


Life. is. so. beautiful.

I was doing dishes the other day. Jon, Ash and Sooks were sitting at the dining table, watching some youtube of possibly some Chinese artist and digging into the tub of strawberry icecream that never seems to reach the end.
I stepped back, took myself out of the picture.
And I realised.. if only the moment could freeze for a tad bit longer, before we bury our heads behind books again... ahhh.

It was like the tub of icecream. We can literally freeze the moments, because before we know it, it will start to melt. So, eat it while it's still cold!! Hence, in that few seconds, I thanked God for amazing people He surrounds me with.



On the combine service weekend, we went out to this super yummy, death by grease, awesome, uber bright pink American diners . Well, we took a massive detour whilst deciding but hey, I'm not complaining. Joyriding, indeed! Fully loving the new car - Dave and Li. YAY! now you can come pick me up and send me home! woot!! But, anyway, I am sooo excited that it is actually only less than one month away before Dave bids the tv in his room goodbye and welcomes his beautiful wife. I am so excited!!!! I am sooo excited (and it's not even my wedding! hahha)
That day, as I sat opposite them, and as I gaze across, this warm sense of fuzziness that is sweeter than the milkshakes that we ordered came upon me. I dont know why or how to describe it either. Perhaps its just the simple things in life, in sharing meals, going on car rides and gazing across the table. Or maybe it's just the discovery that they sell Gobbler
s (is that how you spell it? the peanutbutter and jelly in a tub jam spread thingy) or just the fact that you know- friendship doesnt change despite the chugging along of life.
I love this couple to bits! 29 days to go!! WOOT~


I've got sooo much more to write and so many more little things that make me smile to share. God has been so good to me!
Sunshine.
Car rides.
Sweet surprises in the mail.
Skype and immediate email responses to make sure that I'm coping ok.
Lunch breaks and outside day (and me ended up being a grass head!).
Early mornings and good nights.

YOU MAKE ME SMILE :)

No comments: