Sunday, August 14, 2011

for a change

Quite a few people in uni has had haircuts recently. In their justifications, it is to look better and more professional in our upcoming interviews.
It's scary that our next chapter unfolds so soon. Well, it is already August and we are all nearly done. In LESS THAN 10 WEEKS! OHMYGOODNESS! (ok, i havent even started my first assignment, maybe i should get on to that first! HAHA) but yes, anyway, I joined the trend in uni and went for a haircut myself too! Yea, my fringe was a bit long and it was indeed time for a trim. Umm, well, trim, was sort of an understatement.
I went for a cut. I think I've chopped off more than 15cm of my hair! YUP! just like that, in less than an hour, ALL GONE!

To be honest, I miss my long hair. The moment my hairdresser chopped it, there was this cringe in my heart. I knew I'd regret it! Some people who noticed my short hair said i looked like lok yee. (I DONT WANNA LOOK LIKE HER!!)

but, it is time. to move on.
When I was younger, I used to always cut my hair when I was sad, or felt like I need a lighter head. This time, I need a change. Just because?

I think i still hang my head low and trying to adapt to the new me. Both Sarahs came up to me and said, they really like it and Sarah H actually told me to wear it with confidence.
Dan texted me today from Malaysia with this verse,
Jeremiah 17:7
But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

So, yea! This time, for a change, it is indeed time to walk in the confidence that is in Jesus alone. I kept telling myself to walk and take one step at a time. But really, I'm bored and tired of taking the baby steps. I need to dream and DREAM BIG again. Living a mediocre lifestyle is so draining. Yes, I still have my issues to deal with, but this new haircut is to remind me, to move on and go for it.

These are my nursing interview times for this week. Pray along with me! :)

Monday 3pm Southern Health (Monash Medical Center)
Tuesday 3pm Alfred Hospital
Friday 9am Austin Hospital




OH! something totally random but MADE MY DAY!
one of my kids celebrated her bday and she made some lemon slices for her party. today, she brought them in for me!!! i felt so loved <3

No comments: