Tuesday, May 03, 2011

BUT ..

sorry for not blogging for the past week, as promised. I think it took a lot more commitment than I first thought to write everyday. Hats off to those who does.

I was away for easter. Went home to the beautiful land of Malaysia to celebrate my Grandmama's bday. I will stick some photos up soon. Sookers took some really nice ones. Well, she better! She full on hog the phone charger and left my phone battery went flat through the night.
It was an utter short trip. Dash in and wheeze out. Super quick. but it was still lovely nonetheless. I never knew I had so many relatives and I guess family time is always good times :)

Anyway, I have been thinking about this word - BUT..
I think "but" is a powerful word in itself. I wont dictionary define it, pretty sure you know what it means and how it's used. That word changes your direction of speech and somehow presents a twist to what the listener / reader percieves.

There can be so many heartsinking moments coming out this word-
I think you're great , but ....
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it, but ..

BUT ..
I think we can have a choice in the way we wanna percieve things and send the message across. I saw some tweet this the other day.

The painful thing you can hear is 'I love you, but ... '
The most beautiful thing you can hear is ' ... but I love you'

I know it's probably not the easiest to do the beautiful thing. And to be honest, in the world we live in now, I reckon we hear the first one more than the latter.
I wanna be able to look someone in the eye and be genuinely interested in them.
I wanna look past all the faults and weaknesses in people and see the beauty that God has placed in each and every single one of us (myself included).

I think, it is important to take ourselves back to this verse again and really, see how powerful the word "BUT" is.

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


No comments: