Thursday, September 29, 2011

during the wait at the traffic lights

If you're in Melbourne this week, you would agree that it kinda feel like you're in London. It was gloomy, wet and thunderstorming the whole week. If you want me to put it in one word - Yuck!

So, we were on our way to dinner yesterday. It was still pouring and I was lucky enough to be in a car. I dont know how you feel on a wet day, if you're one of the pedestrian on the road with cars zooming past as you cling on super tightly on your umbrella. The umbrella and the wind always put up a good fight on a wet rainy day. Well, for me, as much as I love the rain, I would just have the destination in my head and focus on getting there. ASAP!

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to be picked up in a car to go for dinner. We pulled to a halt at the traffic lights. As the rain hit against the windscreen, and whilst I was waiting for the lights, I tend to look around towards the streets. People watching can be fun! They tell amazing stories without words.


Pedestrian 1
He must have just came out of work, judging from his smart working attire. Power walking, he seemed like he had his mind set on going to where he was heading towards.
15 m ahead of him was a domestic bin that had been pushed out earlier the day for the rubbish collectors. Its lid was opened and collecting rain. Not a pleasant thing to deal with when the rain stops and you're the one collecting the bin. This man came, saw, and just conveniently flicked the lid back on and continued walking towards where he was going.

Pedestrian 2
Random rubbish was clogging the main drainage along the road (yes, melbourne has rubbish floating around too on rainy days). Well, I was at Richmond, that kinda explained the rubbish a little. This man, was casually walking along the street. It was raining, he had an umbrella, but he didnt really use it. He was well groomed and he seemed really happy, there was just a big grin on his face. He came around from the corner, semi tapping his feet. Then, he bent forwards towards the drain.
First thing that came into my head - "DODGY BETUL! What is this guy doing!!!!"
Then, I realised, he was unclogging the drain so that there wouldnt be a mini flood happening on the road.

WOW! Within 2 minutes of waiting at the traffic lights, I've seen such amazing acts. Perhaps, this is really doing good when no one was watching. I guess they were genuinely not expecting in return.
They did it, just because.



Soon enough, the traffic lights turned green.
We drove ahead and continued on. It was still raining, weather was still yuck. But, I knew that the rubbish bin lid was shut and not collecting rain, and the drain had now been unclogged.

I came around the traffic lights, with a big grin on my face, happier than when we first pulled up. It wasnt that anything significant had happened. It was just me knowing and witnessing it for myself, there are still good people around :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can get pleasure from
Hogan Scarpe your competition boisterously because we will bestow a safe and sound condition for your feet. The Kobe shoes can give you the warmth and comfort, and can help you correct the proper position for your feet, which will let your feet Onitsuka Tiger Shoes feel good.There seems to be no suspicion that this is a truly excellent chance to boost your height along with natural power. While you put the shoes on,
Belstaff Mens Jackets you can feel that you are athletic and can show a superb performance on the basketball court.