Wednesday, June 08, 2011

3 C's to find the will of God

I was reading Sooker's bible today and this hit me. I have to listen and obey to it myself. Hard for me at times like this and for this to settle in cos some part i can actually picture a once familiar voice saying that, but i know this is good!

Anyway, may it speak to you too.

3 C's to find the will of God.

1) Common sense.

Christianity is a rational faith. God is a logical God. You can use your biblically informed reason to make decisions. Paul used common sense (Acts 15:38)

2) Compulsion

Often God will give inner impressions to follow or not to follow a certain course. This was Paul's experience: "And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem." (Acts 20:22)
God will use such methods to lead you as well.
"Those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God" - Romans 8:14-
Remember, if you feel led, it's probably God. If you're under pressure, it's probably not God.

3) Contentment

Being in God's will should result in an inner peace in your life (Colossians 3:15)

No comments: