Wednesday, April 23, 2008

BEAUTIFUL :)

I had the most amazing experience on Monday when i just finished work. As usual, i was going to catch the bus home from work and u know, feeling a little tired. with the groceries i bought from this asian store and chocolates for fund raising, my mind was just running with heaps of to do lists and praying that the grocery bags wont break.

So, the bus came along after a short wait and i hopped onto it. there, was the friendliest bus driver i've ever met. the moment i stepped into the bus, i tot i'll be nice and say " hi". usually the bus drivers would just acknowledge it and ignore me after 2 sec. but this guy, he was fully like " HI BEAUTIFUL! How are you?"

i was fully stunned and fully grinning. chatted for a while and headed off to my seat. my mind was then drifted off with sms-ing people and the things i need to do before camp. soon enough, we reached monash and i needed to hop off.

As i was really kind *cough cough*, (and also the fact that i dun want my cheapo lousy thin plastic bag full of groceries to burst) i let others get off before me. the bus driver called me to use the front door. i didnt give much consideration to it so i went. Then, he started talking to me even more.

BD (Bus Driver) : you know what? you're the most beautiful girl i've met! (or something like that. cant really remember the exact words)

ME : ... (laughing to myself and also in embarassment)

BD : What's your name?

Me : Mun Yee

BD : That's a beautiful name. Have I picked u up before?

Me : Well, maybe. i take this bus to work quite often. maybe you did

BD : What course are you doing? you studying yea?

Me : I'm doing nursing and paramedics double degree down in monash peninsula. And as you can see. i do travel a bit.

BD : wow. i reckon u'll be such a good nurse. (turns to this other guy in the bus) dont you think she'll be an amazing nurse?

other guy : yea!!

Me : (laughing) Hope so.

BD : If i had something happen to me now, and if you're the paramedic who comes and tend to me, i'll prolly be going to heaven immediately.

ME : (talking to myself in my heart)- hope not. (continues laughing) Nahhhhhhh.

BD : do you have a boy friend. i'm sure there's heaps of boys going after you. look at you. so beautiful (or some what) if i was back in my 25s i would definitely go after you but now, i'm like 55 , old fart, surely there's heaps of guys going after you.

Me : (LAUGHING EVEN MORE) haha. no. i dont have a boyfriend and there's no guys going after me.

BD : then it must be you being too busy in your studies or work.

Me : yea. gonna concentrate and focus on these before getting a bf.

BD : good girl.

... laughing and slight conversation continues.

BD : do remember to say hi next time if you jump on this bus.

ME : yea sure. you definitely made my day. have a good night.

BD : see ya beautiful.

His name is Martin by the way. i made a friend :)

Seriously, it made my day. well, my night more like it. i was just like wow. cant believe i am that beautiful in the eyes of that man. and i wasnt even putting any effort in dressing up or anything. i was in my dirty working clothes and just trying to lug my groceries home. nothing too special. but it's amazing how there's power in words and how one thing said can change the feelings of another person :) dun get me wrong, i am not like fully flattered over this one incident. like flying off the roof for someone saying that i'm pretty. i know i am beautiful because God created me :D

it's amazing how God can speak through people. on monday night itself, i crashed. something happened and i couldnt believe wat my ears wat sending into my brains. my thoughts ran wild. i was in a position where i duno what to do or what is left to do. i cried out. but i just love how gentle Jesus' response is. how sweet and perfect.

"Look up, beautiful" and He dried my tears.

No comments: