Friday, December 09, 2011

Stop.

So,
i know i have been busy. ever since august or september, time just seemed to zoooom by and everything seemed to be a blur. Dont get me wrong. It's not that I've been having rough patches all throughout. NOT AT ALL. It's just life gets soo busy, in a good way, and you know the saying, "time flies when you're having fun" yea. That, is I.

I cant believe I am now an official graduate! Results were out and I've ticked all the boxes, passed everything. I can only give God the glory for pulling me through these 4.5 years of uni despite all forms of procrastination, dragging my feet to finish my assignments.

We had a christmas get together with the urbies at my place yesterday. Vitory mentioned that it was only 3 weeks left before we bid 2011 goodbye and welcome 2012. Seriously, where has the year been? I remembered I used to journal heaps and when i look back occassionally, things jolts back to memories. This year, I hadnt been consistent at all. I tried but somehow, only the key turning points of my life are documented, mainly the low parts. Happy days seemed to be taken for granted with just a line or two (but thanks to iphone and instagram, there's still some photos).

I realised that I have been going and doing. These are constant and continuous. There were fun things but I realised that I hadn't stopped for the moment to reflect and as cliche as it sounds, smell the roses. to just stop.
and step back.

Read Wei Xiong's blog yesterday on his post on Doug and Hooch
It really moved me and got me thinking, when was the last time I noticed someone.

I've been trying to get to places in time and looking forward to the thing that I have set out to do and been too fixated. It has been a while since I last pulled out a "go-with-the-flow". Everything has to go according to my iCal and my schedule. Being organised is good but the second half of the year has just been sooo packed with things that it kinda felt that I have taken the wheel and run according to my timeline.

When was the last time I've allowed God to show me something cool and out of the blue?





Perhaps, the final 3 weeks of 2011.
In the midst of seeing and hanging out with all the amazing people that I love in Melbourne before I head home, I'm making room.
I'm making time.
He deserves them.

2 comments:

Discover BA said...

Natural LightingNice blog always remember that .....throw your heart over the bar and your body will fellow...

Discover BA said...

Natural LightingThanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me
me